Terms and Conditions
(You can download our Terms and Conditions here)
Age of Admittance
We care for children from the age of three months to nine years
Hours of Opening
- Little learners are open Monday to Friday from 08:00am to 6.00pm, 51 weeks of the year. We close for bank holidays and a week at Christmas.
- Funclub@littlelearners School holidays 08:00am to 6.00pm
- Funclub@littlelearners breakfast (BC) and afterschool club (AC): (BC) 08:00am-9.00am (AC) 3.00pm to 6.00pm
It is our aim to allow all children time for settling in, so that the child can form relationships with their careers and become familiar within the nursery surroundings, we offer 4 hours settling in sessions, should your child need more hours to settle in to Little Learners Day Care this can be arranged with our manager.
We reserve the right to make amendments to the terms and conditions of your childcare contract without notice.
Change of Details
You must immediately inform us of any changes to your registration details.
You must inform us if your child is the subject of a court order and provide us with a copy of such order on request.
All nappies, wipes, creams are included in your fees with the exemption of when they are three years old, if your child is still in nappies when they go into the preschool room these must be supplied by the parents/carers.
Off Premises Visits
Staff will occasionally take the children for walks or visits off premises during the course of their sessions in accordance with statutory staffing requirements and parental consent being obtained.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children who attend our nurseries we enforce a no personal mobile phone usage within our settings. Should you be on your personal mobile phone as you arrive at the nursery can we please ask that you conclude your phone call before entering the premises or Stay within the mobile phone friendly Zones within the nursery.
We are equal opportunities organisation, which makes decisions without regard to race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sex change status or any other factor protected by law.
- The Nursery is closed on public Bank Holidays. During the Christmas period the Nursery will close on Christmas Eve at 4.00pm and reopen on the 2nd January at 7.30am
- If the nursery has to close or we take the decision to close due to events or circumstances which are outside our control, we shall be under no obligation to provide alternative childcare facilities to you.
Complaints or Concerns
If you have a concern or complaint, please speak to the nursery manager or alternatively you can email the Nursery Manager. If you have any concerns regarding the services we provide, please discuss these with your child’s key worker. If these concerns have not been resolved to your satisfaction, please contact the Managing Director or the Nursery manager.
Employment or Solicitation of Staff
If, during this childcare contract and for a period of 6 months after the termination of this contract, you (directly or indirectly) employ or otherwise engage the services of any member of our staff who has had contact with your child under this contract then you will be liable to pay and you will be invoiced a fee of £2,000.00 as payment to us recruiting and training a suitable replacement member of staff
Any child who attends Nursery and has an accident whilst in our care will be given basic first aid treatment by staff. This will include the treatment of minor cuts, bumps or bruises.
Any emergency treatment or medical advice will be permitted unless a parent states in writing otherwise. The Nursery does not accept any responsibility for treatment given against parent's wishes if we have not been informed otherwise. Should your child require hospital or an ambulance we will contact the parent and meet you at the hospital.
All Parents will be informed and required to sign the accident book. In the case of a more serious accident or incident a child will be taken immediately to a doctor or the nearest hospital and parents will be informed.
The Nursery will make every effort to notify parents should their child become ill at the Nursery. Senior staff reserves the right to remove the child to hospital in an emergency. Please note minimum exclusion periods apply and must be adhered to. Our policy and guidelines are available from the nursery manager.
For the benefit of the other children in the nursery, you must not allow your child to attend the nursery if they are suffering from a contagious disease which could easily be passed on to another child during normal daily activities of the nursery.
The Nursery reserves the right to refuse to accept children until the Nursery is satisfied, they are not infectious. This is to protect other children from cross infection. The Nursery's exclusion policy is guided by the relevant local Authority.
If in doubt
If your child is suffering from a doubtful rash, sore throat, discharge from the eyes, nose, diarrhoea or any similar symptoms; please keep the child at home until the doctor has certified that the symptoms have disappeared.
You must inform us immediately if your child is diagnosed with any allergy or intolerance.
If your child is prescribed antibiotics, please keep them at home for 24 hours of the first dosage has been administered in case of adverse reaction to the medication. Antibiotics and medicines will only be administered by Nursery staff after the child has been taking them for more than 24 hours at home, and only then with written authorisation from their parent. All antibiotics must be prescribed by a doctor.
It is our policy not to administer any general medication such as paracetamol, ibuprofen or pain killers to your child. If your child requires general medication more then once they are to unwell to be in our care.
3. Safeguarding/Child Protection
- Any child who attends the Nursery, irrespective of their racial origin, gender, physical or mental impairment, class, religion or cultural background has a right to protection from neglect, physical, sexual or any other abuse and it is our priority to keep children safe from harm whilst in our care.
- Little Learners Day care has a full written policy on Safeguarding/Child protection which is available within the setting.
Delivery of children
Children should be delivered by parents/carers into the care of a Nursery Staff Member and entered into the attendance register.
Collection of Children
- Children will not be released into the care of anyone other than those named on the childcare registration form unless authorised by the parents personally, by telephone or in writing, we require photographic identification or a password given by the parent/carer. If we are not reasonably satisfied that an individual is allowed to collect your child, we will not release your child into their care.
- In addition, a personal visit of introduction by the parents, of anyone who will be collecting the child on occasions is encouraged so we are able to confirm their identity.
- You are required to inform us immediately if you are unable to collect your child from nursery by the official collection time. All collections must be by a person over 16 years of age.
- No person under the influence or alcohol or drugs will be permitted to collect your child (this includes the parents)
It is our obligation to require or seek professional advice or actions from the local social services team if we suspect a child is suffering from harm. We have an obligation to report any instances where we consider that a child may have been neglected or abused to the relevant authorities. We may do so without your consent and/or without informing you.
Little Learners Day Care has a written policy on behaviour management which is available from the nursery manager. The use of any form of physical chastisement, verbal humiliation, or aggressive handling of a child is not acceptable at the Nursery.
4. Property and Premises
The Nursery does not accept responsibility for loss or damage of personal property brought on to the premises by children or parents.
During your child’s time at Little Learners Day Care your child will have so much fun this includes messy play, we do encourage your child to wear an apron but sometimes they may not want to wear one due to this your child may get paint, pen etc on their clothes, It is not Little Learners Day responsibility to replace soiled clothing, Parents are requested to send children in clothing that is easy washable, clearly labelled clothing which is appropriate to the weather conditions. Please provide a spare set of clothing for your child in case of an accident or the need for change of clothing, we also recommend not sending your child in clothing that holds value.
5. Food and Drink
- Fresh drinking water is available to all children throughout the day.
- For the older children water is available for them to help themselves when thirsty, this promotes independence and self-help skills. For the younger children water will be available and offered throughout the day alongside designated snack and meal times in either beakers or cups depending upon the age and stage of development of the children
- All children will be encouraged by the staff to drink water throughout the day as part of our commitment to offering healthy food and drink options.
Meals & Snacks
Breakfast, lunch, tea and snacks are inclusive within your fee’s, once your child becomes eligible for early education funding (EFF), we have a consumable charge please ask the our management team regarding these charges and what is included, Breakfast is served from 8.00am to 8.30am, Lunch is served from 12.00pm to 12.45pm and Tea is served from 5.00pm to 5.45pm. Our Lunch and teas are provided by outside caterers Slice of pie all the food provided are nutritious and home cooked, Lunch and tea consists of a main meal and dessert.
Formula is provided by the parents/carers, we will be happy to use expressed breast milk given in accordance with your written instructions, Cows milk is provided by Little Learners Day Care.
As the number of children with nut allergies is increasing with parental support, we aim to endeavour to keep the nursery NUT FREE, if your child has any allergies parents/carers must inform Little Learners Day Care to prevent your child having contact with such food.
Schedule of Fees
- Fees are paid all year round except from when Little Learner Day Care is closed for bank holidays and Christmas holidays.
- In an event of closure due to the weather or forced to close due to public health England or our government forces closures full fees apply.
- Included in your fees until your child is three Nappies, wipes, nappy cream, sun cream, breakfast, lunch, tea and snacks, we also have fresh water from a dispenser.
Fees remain payable for periods of absence (Holidays and Sickness) as the child's place is kept open and staff and associated costs continue to accumulate and be met by the nursery.
- We charge a two-week deposit before your child starts at Little Learners Day Care, Once the deposit is paid this secures your child’s childcare, if you decide that Little Learners Day Care is not the childcare provider you want to use the deposit is non-refundable and will be kept as payment.
- Your child must be in our care for one month before your deposit becomes refundable.
- Deposits will be refunded when your child leaves, this may be used as part payment of your final invoice, we also require two weeks’ notice to cancel your child’s childcare place.
- All deposits are paid via BACS, bank details will be given at the time of booking your child’s place.
- We only SECURE places once the deposit has been paid.
Reserving a Childcare Place
- We are able to reserve a childcare place and booking pattern no more than three months in advance of your child's start date.
- Should you wish to extend this three-month period then you will be required to pay your childcare fees in full from the Fourth month onwards to keep your childcare place open.
- If you require to reserve you child’s place longer than three months (but no longer than six months) in advance we require a four week deposit, this will secure your child’s childcare, we will keep two weeks of the deposit which will be refunded when your child leaves and the other two weeks will be deducted from your first months invoice.
(Please see DEPOSITS for more details on paying deposits)
Confirmation of Your Childcare Place
We will confirm your childcare place within 7 working days as this is subject to childcare place availability.
7. Funding (Early Education Funding EEF)
15 hours universal funding three and four year olds.
- All families are entitled to the Early Education Funding once your child reaches the age of three, this is available the term after your child’s 3rdbirthday, the funding is 15 hours per week for 38 weeks per year. The funding hours are not all year round.
- During the school holidays you will be required to pay for a minimum of 2 sessions per week, this payment can be spread over the year.
- We offer a limited number of funded places; these sessions are subject to availability.
30 hours Funding three and four year olds
Depending on your financial income you may be entitled to an additional 15 hours funded childcare, this is on top of the 15 universal hours, the criteria can be found on childcare choices website. You will be entitled to 30 hours funded childcare per week for 38 weeks of the year, this is term time only and not all year round.
Little Learners offers this funding stretched only you will be entitled to 22 hours per week for 51 weeks of the year, the sessions we offer is over three days. Two days at 8.30am-4.00pm and one day 9.00am-4.00pm. Any additional hours will be charged by our hourly rate.
Once you are entitled to the additional 15 hours, we require your national insurance number and the eleven-digit funded code.
2 year old funding.
Once your child reaches the age of two you may be eligible for funding, the funding is 15 hours per week, the funding is for 38 weeks of the year, it is not all year round.
- During the school holidays you will be required to pay for a minimum of 2 sessions per week, this payment can be spread over the year.
- We offer a limited amount of funded only places; these sessions are subject to availability.
- Once your child is entitled to the 2-year funding you will need to fill in a Parental declaration form
- Once you are entitled to the 2-year funding you are given an eligibility code, which you must pass onto us we also require a copy of the confirmation email.
To terminate your funded place, we require a terms notice, as once your child is funded, we are paid termly via Portsmouth City Council.
For all funding you must provide your child’s birth certificate and proof of address which we will photocopy.
8.30am-4.00pm x 2 days
15 hours (Funded only children )
8.30am-4.00pm x 2 days & 9.00am-4.00pm x 1 day
Once your child is in receipt of the EEF we have a consumable charge, the consumable charge is for breakfast, lunch, tea and snacks, please see a member of the management team for the consumable charges.
- Full days 7.30am to 6.00pm or 8.00am to 6.00pm
- School Day: 8.30am to 4.00pm
- Half day: 9.00am-1.00pm or 1.00pm-5.00pm
- Full Week Monday to Friday: 8.00am to 6.00pm or 9.00am to 4.00pm
We require you to book minimum of two sessions per week.
Changes to your Booking Pattern
- To increase your booking pattern, we require 24 hours' notice subject to availability.
- To decrease your booking pattern, you must provide us with thirty (30) days' notice in writing or by email to the nursery manager.
- All permanent changes to booking patterns will take effect from the 1st of each month, due to invoicing.
If Additional Days have been booked, these will be invoiced on the following months invoice. If you book and then cancel you will still be charged for the day/session booked
Unfortunately, we do not allow swapping of sessions or days, if you require extra sessions/days due to appointments please book these in advance
9. Payment of Fees
- Fees are to be paid monthly and must be paid in advance within 5 days of your invoice or by the sixth of each month, late payments will incur a late charge fee of 15%.
- We accept payments by Credit Card, Debit Card or Standing Order
- We do not accept cash for payment
- Payment of fees are applicable all year round with the exemption of bank holidays and Christmas holiday.
- Fee’s are invoiced monthly via Nursery in a box and must be paid by the sixth of each month.
Childcare Voucher Payments
- The voucher company pays the nursery directly.
- We accept payment by most voucher companies in the UK.
- Please ensure all voucher payments are paid by the 6th of each month as a late voucher payment may be charged.
- Funclub@littlelearners is during the school holidays for school age children up to the age of 9 years old this is available for school age children. Session times are 9.00am to 1.00pm or 1.00pm to 5.00pm, Full days are 8.00am to 6.00pm or 9.00am to 4.00pm.
- During term time funclub@littlelearners is only available to children who attend Penhale Infants School, which we provide a breakfast and afterschool club. Session times are 7.30am to 9.00am and 3.00pm to 6.00pm.
Termination of Contract
- To terminate your funded place, we require a terms notice, as once your child is funded, we are paid termly via Portsmouth City
12. Non-Payment of Fees
- If the payment of childcare fees is outstanding for 1 week you will receive a written letter from the management team, if payment is still not made by the end of the 2nd week, your child’s contract will be terminated, your deposit will be taken as payment for your childcare and you will be invoiced late payment charges.
- Upon termination of your child’s contract you child shall not be permitted into Little Learners Day Care, we will issue a final invoice as a formal demand of any outstanding money, should this not be paid we will pass this onto our debt collection agency for full recovery, In addition you will be liable for all associated debt collection fees and court costs.
Our terms and conditions may change subject to the needs of little learners day care as a business.