Welcome to the Hedgehogs!
Welcome to our Hedgehogs Room our hedgehogs are our toddlers, our hedgehogs are aged two years to three years, the hedgehog room is open planned with two large rooms that are divided into areas, the areas are set out inline with the early years foundation stages, this includes texture play, role play, make and do, construction, quite, small world areas. The lay out of the rooms enables the children to have free flow and choose where they want to play during choice time. The hedgehogs have access to their own toliet facilities for when your child starts potty training we also have an area for nappy changing.
Hedgehogs Daily Routine:
* Greeting time: Greeting time we sing a welcome song where the children can interact with there peers and teachers, during this time we also have a message board for the children to discuss what is happening during the session, this is done at the beginning of each session
* Small group time: During small group time your child's key-worker will plan activities to each child's individual needs and next steps in line with the early years foundation stages this is then uploaded to your child's learning journal.
* Choice time: Choice time is where your child has free flow and are able to play within the rooms, they are able to explore all areas within the hedgehog area.
* Snack time: Snack time is where your child sits with their friends and are provided with a nutritious snack.
* Outside time: Outside time is where your child will go into the garden or out in the community to the park, Southsea seafront, Baffins pond.
* Large group time: Large group time is where your child shares singing, stories with all the hedgehogs as one large group.
Your child will have their own key worker, your child's key worker will plan activities for small group time, your child's key worker will do regular assessments and plan for each individual child's needs and steps in line with the early years foundation stages, this is uploaded to your child's learning journal in parent zone.
Parent zone is a online system which we use for your child's learning journals we will upload photos of your child doing activities and your child's artwork, you will have your own log in that is password protected to each individual child. We also use parent zone to upload what your child has been doing at Little Learners this will include daily activities, food, sleep and nappies.
Within our hedgehogs room we have twelve children with three practitioners.